Abubakar Siddique Mohammed teaches at the Department of Political Science, Ahmadu Bello University, and is the Director, Centre for Democratic Development Research and Training (CEDDERT), Zaria, Nigeria. He has published numerous articles, monographs and edited two books.
Education and Qualifications.
- Ph.D (Socio-economy of Development), Ecole Des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris, 1996.
- Diplome d’etude Approfondi (Energy Economics and Policy), 1990, University of Grenoble, France, 1990.
- MSc (Political Science), Ahmadu Bello University, 1983.
- BSc (Political Science), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 1977.
Lecturing and supervising students at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Head of Department, Political Science, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 2000 – 2005.
- Deputy Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 2002- 2004
Member, Editorial Board, OPEC Review, Vienna, Austria.
Member, Editorial Board, Nigerian Journal of Political Economy, Abuja, Nigeria.
Member of the Board of the Kaduna State Broadcasting Corporation, 1978 – 1983.
Member, Presidential Committee on Cross Debts Determination and Resolution, Federal Government, Abuja, 2001.
Member, Editorial Advisory Board, New Nigerian Newspapers, Kaduna, 2000 – 2005
Member, Editorial Board, “Analysis”, Zaria, 2002
Member, Think Tank Committee on Urgent Need to Revamp Education in Kaduna State, 2002
Member, Vision 2020. Co-ordinated the Energy sub-group.
Member, Presidential Committee to Review Outstanding Issues From Recent Constitutional Conferences, 2012.
Member, Presidential Advisory Committee on National Dialogue, 2013.
Delegate representing Katsina, National Conference, 2014.
Chair, Isa Kaita College of Education, Katsina State, 2013-2016. Reappointed 2016